- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 4
Want to recreate one of your favourite takeaways at home and at the same time keep it healthy? Then this paneer jalfrezi is the perfect recipe for you. Replace the paneer with sliced boiled potatoes or slices of cooked chicken, anything you want to add to it and change it to your taste. Courtesy of Chetna Makan.
- 240g of Tilda Pure Basmati Rice
- 1 tbsp of sunflower oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 450g of paneer, cut into long thin pieces2 tbsp of sunflower oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 inch of ginger, grated
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of chilli powder
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp of coriander powder
- 1 tsp of garam masala
- 2 tbsp of ketchup
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and cook for 10-15 minutes on low to medium heat until golden.
- To this add the ginger and garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Now add the tomatoes and cook on low heat for 10 minutes until the tomatoes have softened.
- Add all the spices to this with the ketchup and cook for a minute.
- Remove this mixture in a bowl and keep it aside.
- In the same pan heat the oil and when hot add the onions and capsicum.
- Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes then add the spice mixture that was prepared earlier.
- Mix it all well and then add the paneer, heat for a minute then serve with some piping hot Tilda Pure Basmati rice.