Grilled Chicken & Aubergine with Halloumi & Vegetables
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 1
The perfect accompaniment to your post-workout routine, this recipe is packed with micronutrients, with a balance of carbohydrates, protein and fat for optimal recovery after exercise.
- 1/2 a pouch of the Tilda Lime & Coriander
- 1/2 a Pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 of a Red Onion (sliced)
- 1/2 an eggplant (sliced in long thin pieces)
- Handful of Kale
- Handful of Button Mushrooms
- 1/2 Courgette
- 1 Chicken Breast Steak
- Teaspoon of Paprika
- Teaspoon of Olive Oil
- 2 small slices of Halloumi Cheese1/2 an Avocado
- Lime and Lemon (for seasoning)
- 2 Large Salad Tomatoes
- Sprig of Fresh Coriander
- 50g of Natural Yoghurt
- Sprig of Fresh Mint
- Start by chopping your pepper, onion and courgette.
- Slice your eggplant into long thin pieces, along with the halloumi cheese.
- For the dips, start by mashing 1/2 an avocado, and seasoning with chilli pepper, and a squeeze of lemon and place in a small bowl.
- Next, chop the 2 large salad tomatoes, removing the insides and pips and just cutting the outside flesh. Pop this into another little dipping bowl, and season this time with lime, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Finally, make a yoghurt and mint dip by mixing 50g of natural yoghurt with chopped mint, a squeeze of lime and a sprinkle of pepper and add to a third bowl.
- Add the pepper, onion and courgette to a roasting tin with a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Cook for approximately 10 - 15 minutes at 160 degrees, until soft.
- Place eggplant and halloumi in a griddle pan or on a George Foreman style grill. Cook on both sides and pop into the oven to keep warm
- Use the same pan or grill to cook the chicken breast steak on a low heat to keep it succulent.
- Add a handful of kale and button mushrooms into a pan and season with paprika, salt, pepper and a dash of olive oil. Fry off for a few minutes.
- Transfer into the oven roasting pan to crisp up. The kale should go nice and crispy.
- Finish off by cooking the Tilda pouch for two minutes in the microwave and serve.