Chinese Prawn Potsticker Dumplings
- 31 - 60 Minutes
Tasty Chinese dumplings with Fragrant Jasmine rice, tiger prawns, spring onions, garlic, ginger & soy. The perfect appetizers!
- 140g of plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 125ml of boiling water110g of tiger prawns, minced
- 1 pouch of Tilda Fragrant Jasmine Rice
- 75g of Chinese leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp of ginger, finely chopped
- ½ tsp of garlic purée
- ½ tbsp of Shaoxing rice wine
- ½ tbsp of dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of spring onions, chopped
- 1 tsp of coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- ½ tsp of palm sugar3 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of white rice vinegar
- 2 tsp of chilli oil
- For the dough, place the flour into a large bowl and stir the hot water gradually into it, mixing all the time, until the water is incorporated.
- Tip the dough mixture onto a clean work surface and knead it with your hands, dusting the dough with a little flour if it's sticky. Continue kneading until smooth - this should take about eight minutes, then allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- For the stuffing, while the dough is resting, combine the stuffing ingredients in a large bowl and mix them together thoroughly.
- Shape the dough into a roll about 20cm long and about 2.5cm in diameter, then with a sharp knife, slice the roll into 16 equal-sized pieces and roll each piece into a small ball. With a rolling pin, roll each ball into a small, round, flat 'pancake' - about 9cm in diameter.
- Microwave rice as per instructions on pack. Then place about two teaspoons of filling and rice in the centre of each 'pancake' and moisten the edges with water. Fold the dough in half and pinch together with your fingers.
- Pleat around the edge, pinching with your fingers to seal well. The dumplings should look like a small Cornish pasty with a flat base and rounded top.
- To cook, steam in a basket for about 8 minutes. Alternatively, they can be fried. For the dipping sauce, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl.