Thai Fish Cakes
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 4
The combination of Tilda Basmati Rice, together with Thai spices and crab meat produces a quick, delicious fishcake recipe perfect for mid week meals.
120g Tilda Basmati Rice
1/2 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
1/2 red chilli, finely chopped
1cm ginger, peeled and grated
1-2 tsp Thai green curry paste
4 tbsp desiccated coconut
Small can white crab meat, well drained
Zest of 1 lime
1 small bunch coriander, chopped
1 beaten eggs
3 cups of breadcrumbs
Oil to fry
- Rinse rice under cold water till clear, boil for 10 minutes and drain. Then mix together spring onions, chilli, ginger, curry paste, coconut, rice, crab, lime zest, and coriander.
- Add one beaten egg to bind.
- If you find the mixture too wet, add a handful of the breadcrumbs until the mixture binds.
- Make into small balls.
- Chill for 20 minutes.
- Coat in the breadcrumbs.
- Fry in a little oil until crisp and golden brown and piping hot all the way through (approx 3-4 mins each side).
- Serve with sweet chilli dipping sauce and lime wedges.