- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 2
A delicious jalfrezi with a seafood twist. Mix up your usual midweek menu and serve up this tasty curry in only 20 minutes. Replace prawns with sweet potato and lentils for a tasty vegetarian alternative.
- 120g Tilda Pure Basmati rice
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 thumb ginger, grated
- 1 green chilli, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 tbsp hot curry powder
- 200g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp peri peri sauce
- 125ml water
- 1 preserved lemon, finely chopped
- 200g raw prawns
- Salt & black pepper to season
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions, garlic, ginger, chilli and pepper and fry for about 5 -7 minutes to soften. When this is done, add the rice to another pan and cook this for 10 minutes.
- Add the curry powder to the vegetables and other aromats and cook for 1-2 minutes
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, peri peri sauce, water and preserved lemon and simmer for 5 minutes
- Stir in the prawns and cook until they turn pink
- Season with salt and pepper and serve piping hot
- Serve the rice with the curry and enjoy.