Mexican Chilli Chickpeas & Rice Salad
- 31 - 60 Minutes
A delicious Mexican inspired dish which is the ideal quick and easy plant-based meal. The citrus dressing pairs perfectly with the fiery heat of the chillis.
Tildalicious tip: Chickpeas are a great source of vegetarian protein!
- 120g Tilda Pure Basmati
For the dressing:
- 100ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp oil
For the chickpeas:
- 3-4 shallots (100g), finely chopped
- 1 hot chilli
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 large celery stalks (200g), finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 400g chickpeas (cooked)
- A small handful flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Heat the shallots, chilli, garlic, ground coriander, celery, bay leaves, chickpeas and 2 tablespoons of water in a non stick saucepan and cook over a low heat, covered, for 10 minutes until the shallots and celery have softened. During those 10 minutes, cook the rice.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing, add the orange juice, lime juice, olive oil and a pinch of salt to a clean jam jar and shake well.
- Remove the chickpeas from the heat, remove the bay leaves and add the dressing. Mix the hot strained rice with the warm chickpeas and add parsley over the top to serve.