Pistachio and Herb Butter Chicken
- 91 - 120 Minutes
- Serves 4
Our Lime & Coriander rice is the perfect companion for this Pistachio and Herb Butter Chicken. Delicious, nutty and vibrant with fresh, citrus notes.
- 2 pouches of Tilda Lime & Coriander rice
- 150g unsalted butter
- 65g pistachios
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 lemons
- Handful of thyme leaves
- Handful of parsley leaves (extra roughly chopped to serve)
- 1/2 tbsp sumac
- 4 chicken legs – each weighing approx. 230g each
- Salt & pepper
- In a mixer, blend the 100g butter, pistachios, peel and add 4 garlic cloves, zest and juice from one lemon, herbs, sumac and add salt, pepper - the nuts should be roughly chopped.
- On a chopping board, season your chicken legs. Use your hand to loosen the skin away from the leg, then push the pistachio butter under the skin, creating an even layer between the flesh and the skin of the chicken leg. Rub any left over butter on the outside of each portion of chicken.
- Put all the chicken legs on a plate, season with salt, pepper, oil and a squeeze of lemon. Leave the chicken to marinate in the fridge for half and hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180.
- On a medium heat, add 2 tbsps of oil to non-stick frying pan and brown each chicken leg, skin side down for 4 minutes and on the other side for a couple of minutes.
- Transfer all your chicken legs to a lined baking tray and pour the juices from the frying pan over the chicken, season the legs with oil, salt and pepper and some lemon juice.
- Cook the chicken in the oven for 35-40 minutes. Remember to spoon the juices from the baking tray over your chicken half way through, so the chicken does not get dry.
- On a low heat, melt the remaining butter in a small saucepan and add remaining sliced garlic, cook for a couple of minutes making sure the garlic does not catch and cook till sautéed.
- Mix the Lime & Coriander rice into your garlic butter, break up the rice, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle in the extra finely chopped parsley.
- When the chicken is ready, serve each plate with butter rice and a chicken leg, drizzle the baking tray juice over each portion, season and serve up!