Thai Green Curry
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 4
The Buddha Bowl – easy to make, even easier to enjoy. This satisfying dish uses an array of colourful vegetables and some simple pantry goods to serve up a flavourful, hearty dish that only takes a few minutes to prepare. Whether it is your staple mid-week dinner or a weekend lunch, you’ll love making it again and again.
- 2 cups dry TILDA Pure Basmati rice
- 2 pieces of chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1-2 tbsp of best quality green curry paste
- 400ml of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp of coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 5 Thai green eggplants, quartered and kept in salted water until needed or zucchini if you can’t find those
- Kaffir leaves Added to match method
- A hand full of Thai basil (or normal basil)
- A long red chilli – cut into strips to garnish (optional)
- Cook rice according to TILDA package direction.
- Add 2 tbsp oil to a hot pan and then add the green curry paste and cook stirring until the aroma is released.
- Add the chicken strips until they are coated with the curry paste.
- Then add the diced eggplant or zucchini.
- Add the coconut milk.
- Add the fish sauce, sugar and a pitch of salt. Mix well.
- Tear the kaffir leaves and add in. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Top with a handful of Thai basil and red chilli strips (optional).
- Serve with a steaming down of Fragrant Thai Rice (It always tastes better the next day if you can wait).