Prawn Poke Bowl
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 4
Globally inspired, this recipe is loaded up with fresh ingredients and flavour, perfect for lunch or dinner.
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of soy
- 70ml of coconut milk
- 1 clove of garlic, finely diced
- ½ shallot, finely diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of salt to taste
- Coconut rice:
- 240g of Tilda Jasmine rice, cooked via the absorption method using 1 cup of water and ¾ of a cup of coconut milk. Remembering to fluff the rice at the end of the cooking process.
- 12 large prawns, cooked
- 4 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 bunch of coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 cup of pineapple, cut into small triangles
- 1 green chili, cut into rounds
- To Make the dressing combine all the ingredients in a jar and shake to combine
- Cook the rice using the absorption method: Wash the rice under cold water using a sieve or colander, or rinse in a pan until the water runs clear. This vital step prior to cooking removes any excess starch, giving you more separate grains, and bringing out the Jasmine’s sweet, floral fragrance. Add the washed rice to a pan of water. So for 240g of rice use 300g/ml water and add 180ml of coconut milk too. The correct ratio is important to make sure the grains cook perfectly – not too dry or slightly soggy. Stir, cover and cook the rice for 12 minutes over a low heat. Remove from the heat, keep covered and leave to stand for 3 minutes. Fluff it up with a fork and serve. Pour the rice in a serving bowl and dress with the coconut milk dressing.
- Then layer the remaining ingredients on top finishing with a pinch of chopped coriander.
- Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes then add the spice mixture that was prepared earlier.
- Mix it all well and then add the paneer, heat for a minute then serve with some piping hot Tilda Pure Basmati rice.