Moroccan Baked Lamb with Saffron Rice
Difficulty (1-5): 4
Serves: 2Download the PDF
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
- Mix the lamb with the harissa, cumin and lemon zest and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the lamb for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice and olives. Meanwhile, place the rice, chickpeas and saffron in a Moroccan tagine or casserole dish and pour over the stock.
- Top with the lamb mixture, cover and bake for 1 hour or until the liquid is absorbed and the lamb is tender.
For a vegetarian option, replace the lamb and fry 1 chopped onion in oil with the harissa and add 1 diced aubergine and 500g diced butternut squash and replace the lamb stock for vegetable stock
- 240g Tilda Pure Basmati rice
- 600g diced leg of lamb
- 1 tbsp harissa (25g)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp oil
- 50g pitted black olives, sliced
- 400g can chickpeas, drained Pinch saffron
- 600ml hot lamb stock