Steamed Crab with Rice
- 31 - 60 Minutes
Cantonese-Style Steamed Crab with Tilda Premium USA Long Grain rice.
1 kg Fresh crab, clean it and keep the shell intact and slice the body into 4 pieces
400g Tilda Premium USA Long Grain Rice
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 piece lotus leaf
1 tbsp Sesame oil
1 tsp soy sauce
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp sugar
- Soak Tilda Premium USA Long Grain Rice with water for 3 hours to soften the rice, then cook the rice following the pack instructions and cool down.
- Rinse lotus leaves and soak in boiling water for 5 minutes until it is soften. Remove and drain it.
- Stir fry the garlic until it is fragrant and mix with all the seasonings, then pour in the rice and mix thoroughly
- Arrange lotus leaves in a shallow bowl with the underside of the lotus leaf facing upwards. Place the rice over the lotus leaf, arrange the crab body and shells on top, then enclose the leaf
- Steam the rice parcel on high heat for 12-15 minutes until the crab’s oils drip out and soak into rice. The rice will taste of fresh lotus leaf with crab oil fat.