Rice & Mincemeat Filo Tart
From Tilda Kitchen
- 16 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 12
125g Tilda Pure Basmati Rice
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
4 cardamom pods, crushed
270g ready-prepared filo pastry
50g butter, melted
2 tsp icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
- Cook the rice gently with the spices and 250ml water, covered for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Cool slightly and mix in the mincemeat.
- Cut all the filo sheets into 4 squares.
- Place 1 square on the work surface and brush with melted butter, place another square on top at an angle and brush with butter repeat with another 2 squares.
- Press into a deep muffin tray. Repeat to make 12 pastry shells.
- Spoon the rice mixture in the middle of each shell.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Dust with icing sugar before serving.