Coronation Chicken and Rice Salad
- 16 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 200g Tilda Pure Basmati Large pinch Turmeric
- 150g low fat mayonnaise
- 100ml semi skimmed milk
- 1½ tbsp mild curry powder
- 100g dried apricots, chopped
- 50g sultanas
- 50g toasted flaked almonds
- 300g cooked chicken, cut into chunks
- Optional : add a handful of grated carrots and spring green onions for garnish
Cook the rice and turmeric in a pan of boiling water for 12 minutes then drain and allow to cool.
Meanwhile, mix together the mayonnaise, milk and curry powder, stir in the dried fruit, almonds and chicken.
Stir into the cooled cooked rice and season to taste. Serve with leafy salad.