Boxing Day Turkey Curry
From Tilda Kitchen
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 3
2 tsp sunflower oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1⁄2 tsp mustard seeds
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1cm ginger, peeled and grated
1 green chilli or 1⁄2 tsp chilli powder
3 tsp medium curry paste OR 1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp ground coriander
1⁄2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cardamom pods seasoning
1 tbsp, tomato purée
250g leftover turkey cut into bite-sized pieces
150 ml water
1⁄2 green pepper, diced
1 tsp lemon juice
- Dry fry the cumin and mustard seeds until they start to pop. Remove from heat and grind in pestle and mortar.
- Fry the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli until it softens and turns brown.
- Add the dry spices (or curry powder) to the cumin and mustard and mix in the tomato purée to make a paste. Add this to the pan and continue to fry for 1-2 mins.
- Pour in the water and simmer on a medium heat for a further 20-25 mins and add the leftover turkey.
- Add the green pepper and continue to cook for 5 mins.
- Serve with basmati rice and garnish with fresh coriander and a squeeze of lemon juice.