African Vegetable Pilau
- 16 - 30 Minutes
Delicious fragrant vegetable pilau rice that’s perfect every time! You can also add any left over vegetables you have in the fridge too, especially cabbage and peppers 😋 Courtesy of Rachel Ama.
- 460g Tilda Pure Basmati Rice
- 2 onions, slices
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 720ml of water (or vegetable stock)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 star anise
- Salt to taste
- Sauté carrots and onions until onions have lightly browned.
- Add spices and cook for at least another 5 minutes.
- Add washed rice followed by water, season with salt to taste and stir in star anise and bay leaf.
- Bring pot to a boil, then reduce the heat and cover with a lid. Leave covered and cook on a low heat for 20 minutes. Remove lid and fluff rice before serving. Perfect every time!