Vegetable Rice Turban
- Serves 12
- 450g Tilda Easy Cook Long Grain Rice
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 2 bunches of spring onion , chopped
- 100g peas, cooked
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 200g bel Paese cheese, grated
- 100g parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh tomato sauce, to serve
Cook the rice in the stock for 15-20 minutes. Leave to cool, slightly.
Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
Press into a well buttered ring mould and bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark.
Turn out and serve hot with a fresh tomato sauce or refrigerate and serve as part of a summer buffet.