Basmati Pilaf with Turkey, Pistachio, Cranberries, Parsley, and Thyme
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 2
Full of festive flavors from juicy turkey cutlets, tart cranberries, and vibrant pistachios, this take on a pilaf dish is sure to be a winner. Although there are many regional variants on pilaf, this method ensures flavor in every grain.
- 1 pouch Tilda® Ready to Serve Bombay Rice
- 2 tsp butter, room temperature, divided
- 1 Tbsp shallot, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp pistachio nuts, peeled
- 1 Tbsp dried cranberries
- ¼ tsp fresh thyme, picked
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 turkey breast cutlets, each weighing 6 oz
- Parsley sprigs
- Heat the Tilda® Pure Basmati Rice according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Heat half the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring until they begin to soften. Stir in the pistachios, cranberries and thyme and cook an additional minute. Fold in cooked rice and keep warm.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat. Coat the turkey cutlets with olive oil and place on the grill. Grill for 3 minutes, then turn over and grill for another 3 minutes. The internal temperature of the turkey cutlets should read 165°F.
- Remove cutlets from the grill and brush with remaining butter. Let rest for 5 minutes, then slice into 3 or 4 pieces.
- Divide the rice between plates, top with the sliced turkey and a garnish of parsley