Chicken Tikka Masala
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 2
A tasty favorite that will definitely be a hit at the dinner table. Try replacing chicken with paneer and spinach for an alternative vegetarian version.
- 2 pouches Tilda® Ready to Heat Pure Basmati Rice
- 3 Tbsp plain yogurt
- ¼ cup tikka masala paste
- 2 chicken breasts, 4-6 oz each, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 cup canned chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp smoked salt
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- Mint leaves for garnish
- In a medium bowl, mix the yogurt and tikka paste together. Add the chicken and mix well to coat. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions, garlic, and ginger. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened.
- Add the marinated chicken and cook until slightly browned.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, smoked salt, and water. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Fold in the butter, lemon juice and heavy cream. Heat through and remove from heat.
- Heat the Tilda® Ready to Heat Pure Basmati Rice according to package instructions.
- Portion rice into bowls with a scoop of chicken tikka masala.