Chicken Tikka Masala
From Tilda Kitchen
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 2
A tasty British favorite that will definitely be a hit at the dinner table. Try replacing chicken with paneer and spinach for an alternative vegetarian version.
3 tbs natural yogurt
4 tbs tikka paste
2 large chicken breasts, cut into bite-size chunks
1 tbs oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 thumb ginger, grated
1 cup canned chopped tomatoes
1 tsp smoked salt
2 tbs water
A knob of butter
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tbs heavy cream
- Mix the natural yogurt and tikka paste together, then add the chicken breast chunks. Leave to marinade.
- Start cooking your rice and leave simmering until tender. Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions, garlic, and ginger. Fry for about 5 minutes to soften
- Add the marinated chicken and fry until sealed and slightly browned.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, smoked salt, and water, then cook uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the butter and lemon juice and heat through.
- Finish by swirling in the heavy cream. Serve with your rice which should now be ready.