Chinese Prawn Potsticker Dumplings
- 31 - 60 Minutes
Tasty Chinese dumplings with Fragrant Jasmine rice, tiger prawns, spring onions, garlic, ginger & soy. The perfect appetizers!
140g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
125ml boiling water
110g tiger prawns, minced
110g Tilda Fragrant Jasmine Rice, pre-cooked as instructions on packet
75g Chinese leaves, chopped
1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
½ tsp garlic purée
½ tbsp Shaoxing rice wine
½ tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp spring onions, chopped
1 tsp coriander, chopped
1 tsp sesame oil
½ tsp palm sugar
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp white rice vinegar
2 tsp chilli oil
- For the dough, place the flour into a large bowl and stir the hot water gradually into it, mixing all the time, until the water is incorporated.
- Tip the dough mixture onto a clean work surface and knead it with your hands, dusting the dough with a little flour if it's sticky. Continue kneading until smooth - this should take about eight minutes, then allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- For the stuffing, while the dough is resting, combine the stuffing ingredients in a large bowl and mix them together thoroughly.
- Shape the dough into a roll about 20cm long and about 2.5cm in diameter, then with a sharp knife, slice the roll into 16 equal-sized pieces and roll each piece into a small ball. With a rolling pin, roll each ball into a small, round, flat 'pancake' - about 9cm in diameter.
- Place about two teaspoons of filling in the centre of each 'pancake' and moisten the edges with water. Fold the dough in half and pinch together with your fingers.
- Pleat around the edge, pinching with your fingers to seal well. The dumplings should look like a small Cornish pasty with a flat base and rounded top.
- To cook, steam in a basket for about 8 minutes. Alternatively, they can be fried. For the dipping sauce, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl.