Sesame & Honey Chicken
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 2
Crispy, sticky chicken pieces tossed in a sweet and savoury honey sesame sauce. Inspired by Chinese cuisine, this dish is best served with Tilda Extra Long Grain rice.
- 120g Grand Extra long Basmati grain rice
- 1 large chicken breast, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 thumb ginger, finely grated
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 large pinches of Chinese five spice
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Mix together the sesame oil, ginger, honey, Chinese five spice and soy sauce. Coat the chicken with the honey.
- Add the chicken to a hot griddle pan or wok and fry until cooked and a lovely golden brown colour. Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat the oil in pan and gently fry the spring onions until soft. Rinse rice and run under water till clear, boil for 10 minutes and drain. Then add to the spring onions.
- To serve heap the rice mixture into a large bowl and top with the chicken. Drizzle any leftover juices over the chicken and finish with a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds (if using).