Chickpea and Squash Curry
- 31 - 60 Minutes
Try this super easy and delicious Caribbean-style Chickpea Curry. It’s bursting with bold flavours like thyme and scotch bonnet with creamy coconut milk. Served with fluffy and nutty wholesome Tilda Brown rice.
- 250g Tilda Wholegrain Brown Basmati Rice
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 1 Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 2cm Knob of Ginger
- 1 Scotch Bonnet Chilli
- 2 Sprigs of Thyme
- 2 Tbsp Mild Jamaican Curry Powder
- 400g Tinned Chickpeas
- 400ml Vegetable Stock
- 400ml Coconut Milk
- 400g Baby Leaf Spinach
- Vegetable Oil
- Peel and chop your butternut squash into 3cm chunks. Dice your onion, then finely chop your garlic, ginger and scotch bonnet.
- Heat a little vegetable oil in a large casserole dish. Add your onions and cook it for 10 mins until soft and starting to brown. Add your garlic, ginger, scotch bonnet chilli, thyme leaves and curry powder and cook for 2 mins longer.
- Drain your chickpeas. Tip them into the pan along with the butternut squash, vegetable stock and coconut milk. Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat and gently simmer for 25 mins. Your butternut squash should be tender by this time.
- Cook your Tilda Brown Basmati Rice according to the packet instructions.
- Add your spinach and allow it to wilt in the heat of the sauce. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serving time. Spoon your Tilda Brown Basmati Rice into bowls, then spoon over your curry. Garnish with coriander, then serve and enjoy.