Lamb & Aubergine Curry
- 120+ Minutes
- Serves 6
Lamb and aubergine pair perfectly in this tasty curry. Delicious served with Tilda Pure Basmati.
6 tbsp oil or ghee
800g lamb neck fillet
8 small aubergines, cut into half
4 cloves garlic, peeled
2 onions, peeled and roughly chopped
1 small green chilli, sliced
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 tsp chilli powder
1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp garam masala
300g Tilda Basmati rice
Lime and fresh coriander to serve
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large deep -sided pan and fry the lamb in batches, then set aside.
- Add another 2 tbsp oil to the same pan and fry the aubergine until brown. Then set aside.
- Put the ginger, garlic and onions into a food processor and whizz to form a paste.
- Heat the final 2 tbsp of oil in a large deep-sided frying pan and add the ginger and garlic mixture with the green chillies. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, cumin, coriander, and chilli powder and fry for a further 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato puree and garam masala.
- Add the lamb and aubergine to the sauce and add just enough water to cover both. Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down to simmer. Cover and cook for 1 hour 30 mins or until the meat is tender.
- Check the curry every 15 mins. If it looks dry, add a little more water.
- Rinse rice and run under water till clear, boil for 10 minutes and drain. Serve with Tilda Basmati rice, lime and fresh coriander.