Chicken Teriyaki & Aromatic Rice
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 300g Tilda Pure Basmati Rice
- 150ml light soy sauce
- 75ml mirin
- 50ml rice wine vinegar
- 50g brown sugar
- 1 tbsp garlic (chopped)
- 2cm fresh ginger (peeled, ½ sliced, ½ grated)
- 4 chicken breasts (cubed)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 600ml water
- 100g spring onions (thinly sliced)
- 100g cucumber (chopped)
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- In a bowl mix the soy sauce, mirin, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, garlic and grated ginger until sugar dissolves.
- Add the chicken and marinate for 15 mins or preferably overnight in the fridge.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place on around 8 pre-soaked wooden skewers, retaining left over marinade.
- Fry the chicken with the sesame oil to seal and place in the oven for 15 mins at 170°C.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan put the sliced ginger with the rice and water. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until the water absorbs (10-12 minutes).
- Reduce left over marinade by half and keep on a low heat.
- When tender, remove chicken from oven and add to the warm reduced marinade, coating each chicken piece thoroughly.
- Gently stir the spring onion and cucumber through the cooked rice, serve with 2 chicken skewers per person, sprinkled with sesame seeds.