BBQ Peri Peri Chicken
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 4
A delightful blend of sweet BBQ chicken with the peppery heat of our Peri Peri rice. For a vegetarian alternative try with chopped mushrooms or grilled halloumi cheese in a quick and tasty wrap.
For the main
- 2 pouches of Tilda Peri Peri rice
- 2 tbsps of sunflower oil
- 3 tbsps of BBQ sauce of your choice
- 2 tbsps of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 tsps of chilli sriracha sauce
- 2 tsps of Dijon mustard
- Lemon juice and zest
- 2 chicken breasts
For the fruity slaw
- 1 carrot (coarsely grated)
- 1 small red onion (finely sliced)
- 100g of fresh mango (finely sliced)
- 100g of fresh pineapple (finely chopped)
- 100g of cabbage (finely shredded)
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 heaped tbsp of mayonnaise
- Small handful of fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- Salt & pepper to season
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C fan, Gas Mark 5.
- Add all the of ingredients from the main part of the recipe, except for the chicken breast, into a small food processor.
- Blend to a smooth paste.
- Place the chicken in an ovenproof dish and smother with the BBQ Peri Peri paste making sure all the chicken is coated.
- Cook in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked, basting half way through.
- Meanwhile make the fruity slaw by combining all the ingredients in a bowl, and seasoning well with salt & pepper.
- Heat the Tilda Peri Peri rice according to the pack instructions.
- Serve together and enjoy.