White Bean Stew (Fasoulia)
- 0 - 30 Minutes
Enjoy a meaty stew, busting with Lebanese flavours.
- 1 package Tilda Ready-To-Heat Pure Basmati Rice (250g)
- 2 cans white kidney beans, rinsed
- ½ kg tenderloin beef
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 cups strained tomato
- 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp 7 Lebanese 7 spices
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Drain beans from the can and rinse very well. Set aside.
- In a pot, heat olive oil then add onions. Saute for 5 minutes then add beef.
- Season beef with salt and pepper. Stir in the garlic and brown the beef.
- Add strained tomato, spices, water and beans.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Prepare the Tilda Steamed Basmati Rice according to the package and serve with Tilda rice.