- 0 - 30 Minutes
Enjoy a simple bhaat bhujna, filled with bursting flavours.
- 1 packet Tilda Basmati or Wholegrain Basmati Rice
- 1/3 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1-2 chili, cut in half
- 2/3 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil
- In a pan, add cooking oil until hot.
- Add garlic and fry a little until fragrant.
- Add in onion and chili, fry until onions are translucent.
- Add the turmeric and fry in the oil for 30 seconds, making sure not to burn it. You want to lightly toast the spice.
- Add the cooked rice (cold) and salt. Mix everything together.
- Keep frying for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. The color of the rice should turn darker yellow.
- Enjoy with a side of eggs or curry!