Lemon Dressed Rice Salad
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 4-6
Salty, sweet, crunchy, tangy…this salad has it all.
Eat as a main meal or as a delicious side dish.
Eat it warm or cold.
Just, you know - eat it.
- 2 x 250g Tilda Wholegrain Basmati rice
- 1 x 400g can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 100g pine nuts
- 2 cups chopped spinach leaves
- 75 g dried cranberries
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 30ml honey
- 60ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 125ml olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 220°C
- Place the chickpeas, salt and olive oil in a small bowl and toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer on a baking tray and cook for 20 min.
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry pan until they are golden and fragrant.
- Make the dressing by adding all of the ingredients to a jar, capping it and shaking well.
- Heat the rice in the microwave, as per package instructions.
- Put the chopped spinach in the bottom of a large bowl and tip the hot rice on top, letting it sit for a minute to start wilting the spinach.
- Toss the rice and then add the cranberries and the pine nuts. Add approx ¼ ciup of the dressing and combine well.
- Taste and add more dressing to taste. Serve warm or cold, just add a fresh touch of dressing to the cold salad.