Chinese Claypot Rice
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 2
Jenny says “Chinese claypot chicken rice has always been one of my favourites. I’ve adapted it into a vegan dish and, with its fusion of ingredients, it’s nutritious, warming and easy to put together.”
- 200g Tilda Pure Basmati
- 1 packet of firm tofu, cut into bite size pieces
- 40g roasted cashew nuts
- 50g dried seaweed, washed and drained
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 portobello mushroom, sliced
- Handful of fine beans, halved
- 30ml vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. dark soy sauce
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
For the Berries
- 20g goji berries
- 20g dried cranberries
- 10ml warm water
- Soak goji berries and cranberries in water until required.
- Rinse and drain the Basmati rice.
- Over a medium heat, add the oil to a frying pan.
- Add the tofu pieces and fry until slightly golden and crispy.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and garlic until softened.
- Stir in the berries and water, seaweed, light and dark soy sauce, and oyster sauce. Mix well and leave to simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove ingredients from pan and set aside.
- Add the cumin seeds, rice and cinnamon stick to the pan, mix well and top with 400ml of water, over a medium heat.
- Bring to the boil before turning down the heat to a simmer. Cover and steam for 15 minutes.
- Lay the precooked ingredients, fine beans and cashews on top of the rice and continue cooking for a further 5-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.