Chicken & Puy Lentil Soup
From Tilda Kitchen
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 4
Lightly spiced chicken and lentil soup with ginger and curry spices.
250g Tilda Pure Basmati Rice
1 onion, chopped
Thumb size piece ginger, peeled & grated
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp curry powder
1 litre chicken stock
1 bay leaf
1 cooked chicken breast, shredded
1 pack ready cooked Puy lentils
Handful fresh coriander chopped
Salt and pepper to season
- Get the rice on the boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, heat the onion and ginger in the oil for 1-2 minutes. Add the curry powder and cook for a further 2 minutes
- Add the stock and bay leaf, bring to the boil
- Reduce to a simmer, add the chicken and lentils. Cook for 8-10 minutes. Half way through this, the rice should be ready, so drain and add to the stock mix with 2 minutes remaining.
- Season to taste
- Stir in the coriander to serve