Boxing Day Curry50 mins
- Serves 3
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 40 mins
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1⁄2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1cm ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 green chilli or 1⁄2 tsp chilli powder
- 3 tsp medium curry paste OR 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1⁄2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cardamom pods seasoning
- 1 tbsp, tomato purée
- 250g leftover turkey cut into bite-sized pieces
- 150 ml water
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- Fresh coriander
- 1 tsp lemon juice
Dry fry the cumin and mustard seeds until they start to pop. Remove from heat and grind in pestle and mortar.
Fry the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli until it softens and turns brown.
Add the dry spices (or curry powder) to the cumin and mustard and mix in the tomato purée to make a paste. Add this to the pan and continue to fry for 1-2 mins.
Pour in the water and simmer on a medium heat for a further 20-25 mins and add the leftover turkey.
Add the green pepper and continue to cook for 5 mins.
Serve with basmati rice and garnish with fresh coriander and a squeeze of lemon juice.