Crunchy papaya, brown rice and quinoa salad
From Tilda Kitchen
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 4
A simple and delicious salad with plenty of contrasting flavours and textures.
1 large papaya
Juice of 2 limes
3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1 tbsp fresh small Thai basil leaves (optional)
1 little gem lettuce, shredded
4 tbsp Pomegranate seeds
- Cook the rice blend in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water over a medium heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Drain well and return to the pan, cover and leave to cool completely.
- Halve the papaya, scoop out any seeds with a teaspoon and discard. Peel and cut the flesh into cubes.
- In a large bowl mix together the lime juice, chilli sauce and Thai basil.
- Stir in the rice, papaya and lettuce and stir well to combine.
- Scatter over the pomegranate seeds and serve.
- As an alternative you can use Tilda Brown Rice.