Tofu Fried Brown Basmati Rice
- Serves 2
Crispy fried cubes of tofu with a colourful mix of fresh stir-fried vegetables, seeded Brown Basmati rice and a teriyaki ginger dressing.
- 250g Tilda Easy Cook Brown Wholegrain rice or Tilda Wholegrain Basmati rice
- 220g Tofu, cubed and dried
- 2 tbsps. vegetable oil
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- Large handful sugar snap peas
- Large handful baby corn
- Large handful broccoli florets
- A few Pak Choi leaves
- 1 lemongrass stalk, bruised
- 1 thumb ginger, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 tsps Mirin
- 2 tsps sesame oil
- 4 tsps Teriyaki sauce
- Cook the Tilda rice as per the instructions on the pack.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the cubed tofu and cook for about 5 minutes until brown and crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the chilli, sugar snap peas, baby corn, broccoli, pak choi and lemongrass into the pan and cook over a high heat until the vegetables are cooked.
- Add the cooked rice to the pan and stir through the cooked tofu.
- Blend the ginger, garlic, mirin, sesame oil and teriyaki sauce together and stir into the hot rice.