Spine Tingling Tomato & Spinach Pilaf
- Serves 4
A zingy and flavourful pilaf seasoned with cinnamon, ginger and paprika, topped with sweet cherry tomatoes.
Created as part of Veg Power and ITV's Eat Them To Defeat Them campaign.
- 400g cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup Tilda Brown and White Rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- Thumb-sized piece ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cinnamon stick, or 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 100g vegetable stock
- 200g baby spinach
- A small bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Pour the water and Tilda Brown & White Rice into a pan and cover with a lid. Let that cook for 25 minutes.
- Now prepare the vegetables.
- When you have about 10 minutes left for the rice to cook, heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion, garlic, ginger and spinach for 10 minutes until soft.
- Add in the cherry tomatoes, smoked paprika and stir briefly.
- Once the rice is cooked, stir it into the frying pan along with the cinnamon stick or powder. Pour in the vegetable stock, cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir through the parsley, adding a splash of water if the dish looks a little dry. Remove cinnamon stick.
- Season and serve.