Spine Tingling Tomato & Spinach Pilaf
- 35 minutes
- Serves 4
A zingy and flavourful pilaf seasoned with cinnamon, ginger and paprika, topped with sweet cherry tomatoes.
Created as part of Veg Power and ITV's Eat Them To Defeat Them campaign.
400g cherry tomatoes
1 cup Tilda Brown and White Rice
2 cups water
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, sliced
Thumb-sized piece ginger, finely chopped
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 cinnamon stick, or 1 tsp cinnamon powder
100g vegetable stock
200g baby spinach
A small bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Pour the water and Tilda Brown & White Rice into a pan and cover with a lid. Let that cook for 25 minutes.
- Now prepare the vegetables.
- When you have about 10 minutes left for the rice to cook, heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion, garlic, ginger and spinach for 10 minutes until soft.
- Add in the cherry tomatoes, smoked paprika and stir briefly.
- Once the rice is cooked, stir it into the frying pan along with the cinnamon stick or powder. Pour in the vegetable stock, cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir through the parsley, adding a splash of water if the dish looks a little dry. Remove cinnamon stick.
- Season and serve.