Shockingly Scary Sweetcorn & Rice
- 35 minutes
- Serves 4
A quick and easy sweetcorn and rice pairing with chickpeas and spring onion for an extra sprinkling of flavour!
Created as part of Veg Power and ITV's Eat Them To Defeat Them campaign.
2 tins (325g each) sweetcorn in water
2 cups Tilda Brown and White Rice
2 tbsp oil
4 cups water
4 spring onions
1 tin (400g) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
250g Quorn Pieces (optional)
- Pour the water and Tilda Brown & White Rice into a pan and cover with a lid. Cook for 25 minutes.
- Cut the spring onions into small pieces. Drain the sweetcorn and keep aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil add the spring onions, chickpeas and Quorn (optional).
- Once the Quorn and chickpeas start to brown, add the sweetcorn. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked add to the frying pan and stir it all together.
- Ready to serve.