Salmon and Asparagus Pilaf
- 450g Tilda Easy Cook Long Grain Rice
- 500g salmon fillet, skinned
- 500g fresh asparagus
- 1 lemon
- 110g butter
- 75g plain flour
- 900ml fish stock or vegetable stock
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 tbsp coarse grain mustard
- 4 tbsp fresh chives
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Cook the rice according to the instructions, drain and keep hot.
- Cut the lemon into slices and lay over the salmon. Gently poach the salmon in half the stock until just cooked. Drain the stock and reserve. Coarsely flake the fish and keep hot with the rice.
- To make the sauce, in a heavy-based saucepan melt the butter and add the flour all at once. Cook stirring constantly for 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining and reserved stock all at once whisking to blend smoothly. Cook over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the egg yolks, whisking constantly. Add the mustard and seasoning to taste. Return to the heat and cook for a further few minutes.
- Meanwhile cut the asparagus diagonally into 4 lengths and gently steam until just cooked ‘al dente’. Keep to one side.
- When the sauce is cooked, pour over the rice mixture, add the asparagus and gently mix together.
- Serve garnished with snipped chives. This dish is best when served immediately.