Petrifying Zombie Peppers
- Serves 4
Packed full of veg and roasted to perfection, our stuffed peppers are full of colourful goodness!
Created as part of Veg Power and ITV's Eat Them To Defeat Them campaign.
4 peppers (any colour)
2 cups Tilda Brown and White Rice
1 tbsp vegetable oil
4 cups water
1 medium onion, finely diced
1 tin (400g) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2 courgettes, finely diced
1 tbsp mixed dried herbs
Large handful of fresh parsley or basil, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Cut the tops off the peppers and de-seed them, pulling off as much of the white pith as possible. Rub all over with a little vegetable oil, then place cut side down on a baking tray lined with baking paper or foil and roast for 20 minutes, until slightly softened.
- While they are roasting, pour the water and Tilda Brown & White Rice into a pan and cover with a lid. Cook for 25 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pan over med-low heat then gently fry the onion and chickpeas for 10 minutes, until the onion is soft and slightly golden, add the courgettes and cook gently for a further 5 minutes. Mix in the cooked rice and herbs.
- Stand up peppers on a baking tray and fill with rice mixture from the top until full. Return to the oven for another 10-15 minutes, until everything is piping hot and cooked through.
- To serve, sprinkle with the parsley or basil along with any extra stuffing that wouldn’t fit in the peppers on the side.