Grilled Chicken Breast & Ravioli
- Serves 6
Served with Tilda Basmati & Wild Rice with ceps & garlic leaf garlic cream sauce.
Recipe created by Steve Munkley, Executive Head Chef, The Royal Garden Hotel, London.
200g Tilda Easy Cook Basmati & Wild Rice
2 x 1.2kg fresh Label Anglaise Chickens
150g fresh lasagne sheets
1 banana shallot
300ml white chicken stock
125g fresh or frozen ceps
30g freshly grated Parmesan
500g fresh garlic leaf (can be substituted with baby spinach)
240g julienne of leek
200ml brown chicken jus
200ml double cream
Stock for braising
- Remove the breasts and legs from the chicken, french trimming the breast and separating the thigh from the drumstick off the leg.
- Take the 4 chicken thighs and gently braise in some chicken stock for about 1.5 hours in a 160°C oven.
- Remove the thigh from the liquid, placing this on the stove to reduce its consistency down to a very thick sauce.
- When the thighs are cool remove skin and pick off the meat shredding with your fingers as you go.
- Mix this with enough of the thick sauce just to bind.
- Now split the mixture in to 6 portions and make individual raviolis.
- To cook the rice, sauté a few chopped shallots and garlic in butter without colour add the washed rice, cook for a few seconds then add chicken stock cover with a tight fitting lid or tin foil. Leave to cook on a low heat for 11 mins, then rest for a further 5 mins fluffing up the rice with a fork before use.
- Separately slice and sauté the cep mushrooms ready to add to the mixture at the end.
- Puree the confit garlic and add to the chicken jus, bring sauce to the boil and cook for 5 minutes add cream and cook for a further 5 minutes, check for seasoning. Using a hand blender, blend well then pass through a fine chiniose ready to use
- Using either a chargrill or griddle pan, bar mark all the breasts of chicken and finish cooking in the oven.
- The ravioli is cooked in boiling water and takes 5 minutes.
- Sauté first the leeks in butter then add the well washed garlic leaf, toss for a couple of minutes season then drain ready to serve.
- Once the chicken breasts are cooked, rest for a couple of minutes then cut in to 6 slices.
- Add ceps and grated Parmesan to the rice, now you are ready to serve.
- Create a nest with the garlic leaf and leeks now place the ravioli on top.
- Spoon a portion of the rice beside this on the plate and lay 4 slices of chicken interlaced on top, spoon a little sauce over the ravioli and serve additional sauce in a sauce boat.