Grilled Chicken Breast & Ravioli
Served with Tilda Basmati & Wild Rice with ceps & garlic leaf garlic cream sauce.
Recipe created by Steve Munkley, Executive Head Chef, The Royal Garden Hotel, London.
- 200g Tilda Easy Cook Basmati & Wild Rice
- 2 x 1.2kg fresh Label Anglaise Chickens
- 150g fresh lasagne sheets
- 1 banana shallot
- 300ml white chicken stock
- 125g fresh or frozen ceps
- 30g freshly grated Parmesan
- 500g fresh garlic leaf (can be substituted with baby spinach)
- 240g julienne of leek
- 200ml brown chicken jus
- 200ml double cream
- Stock for braising
- Remove the breasts and legs from the chicken, french trimming the breast and separating the thigh from the drumstick off the leg.
- Take the 4 chicken thighs and gently braise in some chicken stock for about 1.5 hours in a 160°C oven.
- Remove the thigh from the liquid, placing this on the stove to reduce its consistency down to a very thick sauce.
- When the thighs are cool remove skin and pick off the meat shredding with your fingers as you go.
- Mix this with enough of the thick sauce just to bind.
- Now split the mixture in to 6 portions and make individual raviolis.
- To cook the rice, sauté a few chopped shallots and garlic in butter without colour add the washed rice, cook for a few seconds then add chicken stock cover with a tight fitting lid or tin foil. Leave to cook on a low heat for 11 mins, then rest for a further 5 mins fluffing up the rice with a fork before use.
- Separately slice and sauté the cep mushrooms ready to add to the mixture at the end.
- Puree the confit garlic and add to the chicken jus, bring sauce to the boil and cook for 5 minutes add cream and cook for a further 5 minutes, check for seasoning. Using a hand blender, blend well then pass through a fine chiniose ready to use
- Using either a chargrill or griddle pan, bar mark all the breasts of chicken and finish cooking in the oven.
- The ravioli is cooked in boiling water and takes 5 minutes.
- Sauté first the leeks in butter then add the well washed garlic leaf, toss for a couple of minutes season then drain ready to serve.
- Once the chicken breasts are cooked, rest for a couple of minutes then cut in to 6 slices.
- Add ceps and grated Parmesan to the rice, now you are ready to serve.
- Create a nest with the garlic leaf and leeks now place the ravioli on top.
- Spoon a portion of the rice beside this on the plate and lay 4 slices of chicken interlaced on top, spoon a little sauce over the ravioli and serve additional sauce in a sauce boat.