Bone Chilling Carrot Biryani
- Serves 4
This warming and aromatic carrot Biryani is
the ultimate one-pot wonder!
Created as part of Veg Power and ITV's Eat Them To Defeat Them campaign.
5 medium carrots, cut into half chunks
2 cups Tilda Brown & White Rice
4 cups water
1 tin (400g) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2 medium onions, diced
1 tbsp garam masala
1 tbsp turmeric
1 tbsp cumin powder
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 bay leaves
2 vegetable stock cubes
Small bunch coriander, chopped
1 tbsp plain yoghurt (optional)
- Pour the water and the rice into a large saucepan, then stir in the chopped carrots, chickpeas and diced onions.
- Stir in the garam masala, turmeric, cumin powder, crushed garlic cloves, bay leaves, and the vegetable stock cubes.
- Leave on a medium heat for 25 minutes. Ensure the lid is on the saucepan.
- Check after 25 minutes and stir to fluff up rice.
- Sprinkle coriander over the top (optional – top with 1 tbsp of plain yoghurt).
- Serve the Bone-Chilling Carrot Biryani!