Filled Flat Mushrooms
- Serves 20
- 225g Tilda Easy Cook Basmati & Wild Rice
- 20 mushrooms, large, flat
- 90ml olive oil
- 5 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150g streaky bacon (optional), cut into strips
- 100g pine nuts, toasted
- 60g fresh sage, chopped seasoning
Pre heat oven 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
Cut the core from the mushrooms and chop finely. Place the mushrooms on a baking tray, season and drizzle with a little olive oil. Bake for 5 minutes.
Soften the mushroom core, shallots, garlic in the remaining olive oil. Stir in the pine nuts and sage. Remove from the heat and gently mix in the rice, seasoning generously.
Remove mushrooms from the oven and spoon in the rice stuffing, dot with the cheese and return to the oven for 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
Garnish with fried sage leaves and roasted cherry tomatoes on the vine.