Bone Chilling Carrot Biryani
- Serves 4
- 5 medium carrots, cut into half chunks
- 2 cups Tilda Brown & White Rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 tin (400g) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- Small bunch coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp plain yoghurt (optional)
Pour the water and the rice into a large saucepan, then stir in the chopped carrots, chickpeas and diced onions.
Stir in the garam masala, turmeric, cumin powder, crushed garlic cloves, bay leaves, and the vegetable stock cubes.
Leave on a medium heat for 25 minutes. Ensure the lid is on the saucepan.
Check after 25 minutes and stir to fluff up rice.
Sprinkle coriander over the top (optional – top with 1 tbsp of plain yoghurt).
Serve the Bone-Chilling Carrot Biryani!