Hot Smoky Chicken
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 4
Pair smoky sauce with the heat of our rice for a tasty and spicy recipe.
- 120g Tilda Basmati rice
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey
- 1 Onion (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 Red Pepper (roughly chopped)
- Zest and juice from 1 Lemon
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon of Chilli Flakes
- 2 Teaspoons of Smoked Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon of Dried Oregano
- Salt and Pepper to season
- 4 Chicken Breasts (cut into large chunky slices)
- Add all the ingredients, except the honey and chicken breasts into a small food processor.
- Blitz ingredients to a coarse paste.
- Add the paste to a large pan and heat over a high heat for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken and fry for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat, add the lid to the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid, turn the heat up and fry for a couple of minutes to brown the chicken a little bit.
- Once slightly brown stir in the honey.
- Rinse rice under cold water till clear, boil for 10 minutes and drain.
- Serve the chicken on a bed of the rice, pour over the juices from the pan and enjoy.
- Great served with baby corn or coleslaw.