Chicken Tikka Masala
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 2
A tasty British favourite that will definitely be a hit at the dinner table. Try replacing chicken with paneer and spinach for an alternative vegetarian version.
120g Tilda Pure Basmati rice
3 tbsps natural yoghurt
4 tbsps tikka paste
2 large chicken breast, cut into bite size chunks
1 tbsp oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 thumb ginger, grated
200g canned chopped tomatoes
1 tsp smoked salt
2 tbsps water
A knob of butter
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tbsps double cream
- Mix the natural yoghurt and tikka paste together and then add the chicken breast chunks. Leave to marinade
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions, garlic and ginger and fry for about 5 minutes to soften
- Add the marinated chicken and fry until sealed and slightly browned
- Add the chopped tomatoes, smoked salt and water and cook uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. While this simmers, cook the rice.
- Add the butter and lemon juice to the chicken and heat through
- Finish by swirling in the double cream. Serve alongside the rice.