- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 4
Want to recreate one of your favourite takeouts at home and make it healthy? Then this paneer jalfrezi is the perfect recipe for you. Replace the paneer with slices of boiled potatoes or cooked chicken, anything you want to add to it and change it to your taste. Courtesy of Chetna Makan.
- 240g Tilda Pure Basmati Rice
- 1 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 450g paneer, cut into long thin pieces
For the sauce
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 inch ginger grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp powdered turmeric
- 1 tsp powdered coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and cook for 10-15 minutes on low to medium heat until golden.
- To this add the ginger and garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Now add the tomatoes and cook on low heat for 10 minutes until the tomatoes have softened.
- Add all the spices to this with the ketchup and cook for a minute.
- Pour this mixture into a bowl and keep it aside.
- In the same pan heat the oil and when hot add the onions and peppers.
- Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes then add the spice mixture that was prepared earlier.
- Mix it all well and then add the paneer, heat for a minute then serve with some piping hot Tilda Pure Basmati rice.