Creamy Mustard Chicken and Rice
- 0 - 30 Minutes
Enjoy a creamy chicken dish, perfect for lunch and dinner.
- 1 packet 2-minute Ready-to-Heat TILDA Wholegrain Steamed Basmati Rice (250g)
- 6 Boneless Chicken Thighs
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 Shallots, minced
- 4 tsp fresh or dried Thyme (Save 1 tsp for garnish)
- 3 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/3 Cup Chicken Stock
- 3/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- Season chicken thighs with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
- In a frying pan heat oil over medium heat and brown the chicken thighs about 3 minutes each side and set aside.
- In the same pan the chicken cooked in, add the garlic and shallot until fragrant and slightly soft.
- Add chicken stock and scrap all the brown bits off the pan and reduce by half.
- Add butter, mustard, heavy cream, and 3 tsps. of thyme and mix well.
- Simmer the sauce on medium low heat to allow the sauce to come together and all the flavors to blend. About 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chicken back into the sauce and cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Add Tilda Steamed Basmati Rice into the chicken mixture and cook for 2 minutes when the rice is fluffy and coated with the sauce