Turkey Jambalaya served with Green Salad
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 4
For the rice
- 200g Tilda Pure Basmati Rice
- 650ml chicken stock (made with 11/2 stock cubes)*
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce – or equal parts Soy Sauce/Hoisin
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp each dried Thyme and Oregano
- 2 bay leaves
For the meat and vegetables
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 450g turkey breast strips
- 3 tsp Cajun spice mix/seasoning
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 each red and green capsicum, diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, roughly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 3 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- green salad to serve
Rinse the rice three times in cold water and drain well.
Place the chicken stock in a large saucepan, bring to the boil and add the remaining rice ingredients.
Add the rice, cover, and cook over a very low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the stock is absorbed and the rice is cooked. Remove the bay leaves.
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the turkey and Cajun spice mix and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes.
Add the onion and stir-fry for a further 3-4 minutes, then turn down the heat to low and add the peppers, celery, spring onions and garlic and stir-fry gently for 4-5 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and parsley to the meat and vegetables in the pan. Stir to combine, then mix gently into the cooked rice.
Season to taste and serve immediately with a crisp, green salad.