Summery Feta and Avocado Rice Salad
- 0 - 30 Minutes
Tilda Pure Basmati’s unique, long, slender grains stay separate when cooked, making them ideal for salads.
For the rice salad
- 150g Tilda Pure Basmati Rice
- 1 large vine tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 cucumber, peeled, deseeded and finely diced
- 1/2 small red onion, very finely diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, destoned and chopped into 1cm cubes
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 6-8 black olives, pitted and thickly sliced
- 1-2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Few leaves fresh basil and mint, roughly torn
For the dressing
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil juice
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the rice in a large pan of boiling water following pack instructions.
- Drain and spread out in a thin layer in a wide, shallow serving bowl. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the tomato, cucumber, red onion, avocado, feta cheese, olives and fresh herbs in a bowl and stir gently to combine.
- For the dressing, place all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Season to taste, then stir gently through the cooked and cooled rice.
- Add the tomato mixture to the rice and stir gently to combine. Serve immediately.