Spicy Tomato & Egg Brunch
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 4
Celebrate the long weekend indoors with this delicious Spicy Tomato and Egg Brunch – a tasty, great way to start the day.
1 pouch Tilda Wholegrain Basmati
1 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 red onion, diced
150g mushrooms, sliced
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp. tomato puree
1-2 tsp. sweet smoked paprika
Large pinch cayenne pepper
Large handful spinach
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat, add onion and mushrooms, cook for 3-4 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Stir in the tomatoes and then add the puree, paprika, cayenne pepper. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Towards the end, heat the rice for 2 minutes in the microwave and stir into the tomato mixture along with a handful of spinach.
- Season with plenty of ground black pepper and salt to taste.
- Create a dip in 4 places of the mixture and crack the eggs into these. Allow to cook until the eggs are set to your liking.
- Serve straight from the pan.