Spiced Coconut Rice With Caramelised Pears
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 4
Creamy sweet coconut rice, with a hint of spice, topped with delicious caramelised pears and an optional scatter of toasted hazelnuts.
A luxe breakfast? Healthy dessert? Snack to eat while hiding in the pantry?
It’s really up to you.
Tilda Tip: Rice can be portioned for meal prep and simply reheated prior to eating.
- 2 x 250g Tilda Coconut Basmati rice
- 4 whole pears, halved and cored
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (for pears)
- 1 tsp raw sugar
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp white chia seeds
- 2 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Heat oven to 180°C
- Place pear halves, cut side up, on a baking tray and drizzle with maple syrup. Bake for 15 mins until golden and softened, turning very carefully in the middle.
- Place all of the other ingredients, except the raw sugar, into a saucepan and stir to combine. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 min, stirring regularly.
- Sprinkle the cut sides of the pears with the raw sugar and then place under a hot grill until the edges caramelise - or use a kitchen blowtorch.
- Serve the rice, topped with the pears. Add nuts or pepitas if you want crunch.