Char Siu Pork Fried Rice
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 2
- 1 pouch Tilda Jasmine Rice
- 150g tenderstem broccoli, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 inch piece of fresh root ginger – peeled and finely grated
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 250g pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into thin strips
Blanch the broccoli in lightly salted boiling water for 2 minutes, drain then set aside.
Mix together the hoisin sauce, Chinese five spice powder, garlic, ginger and pork in a large bowl and leave to marinade for at least 30 minutes (if you have time you can make this the night before).
Heat the oil in a large non-stick wok or frying pan and stir-fry the onion for 2 minutes.
Lift the meat from the marinade, shaking off the excess. Add the meat to the wok and stir-fry for 4 minutes. Keep the marinade aside.
Meanwhile, cook the rice according to pack instructions.
Add the broccoli, spring onion and reserved marinade to the pork mixture and stir-fry for 2 minutes until piping hot. Serve spooned over the rice.