Quick and Easy Paella With Chicken & Prawns
Try using Tilda Pure Basmati in place of ordinary long grain rice – it will absorb all the flavours of the Mediterranean
Difficulty (1-5): 2
Serves: 4Download the PDF
- For the rice stage, rinse the rice three times in cold water and drain well. Place the ﬁsh stock in a large saucepan, bring to the boil and add the bay leaves, turmeric and mixed herbs. Add the rice, cover, and cook over a very low heat for 16 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the frozen peas and cook for a further 4 minutes, until the stock is absorbed and the rice is cooked. Remove the bay leaves.
- Meanwhile, for the chicken and prawn stage, heat the oil in a paella pan or large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and chilli ﬂakes and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the red pepper and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes, then add the chicken and stir-fry for a further 6-7 minutes.
- Stir in the prawns (and mussels and scallops if using and heat through gently for 4-5 minutes. Ensure the scallops are thoroughly cooked. Add the seafood mixture to the rice and stir gently to combine.
- Add the lemon juice and serve immediately.
For the rice stage:
- 250g Tilda Pure Basmati Rice
- 700ml ﬁsh stock*
- (made with 11⁄2 stock cubes)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 tsp each turmeric and mixed
- 100g frozen peas
For the chicken and prawn stage:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 tsp dried chilli ﬂakes
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 250g chicken breast, cut into
- bite-size pieces
- 100g cooked tiger prawns
- 100g cooked mussels (optional)
- 125g raw scallops (optional)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
* Use Gluten Free stock to make this dish Gluten Free